107-111 Fleet Street. London.

Greater London. EC4A 2AB. United Kingdom

Telephone: 020 7936 9880

 

Registered England & Wales

Charity Number: 1145176

Registered Company Number: 78886303

  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon
  • White Instagram Icon

Campaigns

Anti Slavery Day 2018

 

7 days of 7 facts awareness campaign highlighting human trafficking as a global epidemic is happening right on our door steps. 

Day 1 Fact 5: Approximately 13 million children around the world are victims of human trafficking. MORE THAN THE ENTIRE POPULATION OF LONDON

Day 2 Fact 7: In the UK only 1% of victims of slavery have a chance to see their exploiter bought to justice. 99% live in fear of their exploiter.

Day 3 Fact 6: Sophie's words " I hope I'll one day I will have a strong sense of self esteem ability to accept love without question and to be at peace with myself"

Lush Fundraiser Weekend 2017

Our ‘Hope Canvas’ created by the public at Lush Oxford Stree.tNominated by Lush to be a part of their Charity Pot scheme, in which all proceeds* from the charity pot sold at Lush Oxford Street that weekend were donated to Sophie Hayes foundation. Members of the public were asked to track their slavery footprint, whilst others were given the opportunity to contribute to the Sophie Hayes Foundation ‘Hope Canvas’ to illustrate hope but also how, as individuals, if we all collaborate and work together we can create something inspiring!

Equality Now Collaboration: 2017 Anti Slavery Week

Artwork by Paola Rozo

This thought provoking and interactive event was created in collaboration with Equality NowShiva Foundation and Women for Change to share a collection of powerful first-hand narratives from women who have experienced commercial sexual exploitation and sex trafficking in England, through immersive audio of both personal female accounts and male reviews of sex workers; creating a disturbing and powerful juxtaposition. This incorporated a walk around Soho, known to be synonymous with the sex trade, impacting us both audibly, visually and emotionally.

 

The artwork featured above was created after the audio and walk experience where Paola asked participants about their feelings and reactions to what they had heard and witnessed. To listen to the powerful narratives recorded click here.

 A Night of Hope with the Sophie Hayes Foundation and the JAM Network 2017

This awareness event was created in partnership with the JAM network. An evening that spoke to awareness but also hope and feelings of empowerment. A collection of musicians shared their music, with shared stories from Sophie Hayes team members. A Day 46 graduate and survivor read two original poems sharing the profound impact of her journey and aspirations for the future..Artwork was displayed, created by contributors with the theme of hope and future, in addition to  collages  by survivors at a Day 46+ workshop.Poster designed by Ellen Lever

Anti Slavery Day 2016

 

For our Anti Slavery Day 2016 Campaign, click on the ‘blog’ section of our website to read some stories about our work with survivors – stories of hope that inspire action!

#MyCodeWord

Setting up a codeword system with her mum saved Sophie when she was forced into a life of prostitution at the hands of someone who told her he loved her. Made to call her mum once a week with her trafficker beside her in order to pretend she was having a wonderful time with someone she loved, there was no way to tell anyone about the desperate situation she was in. Scared for her own life and the lives of her family who her trafficker had threatened to kill if she ever “disrespected” Sophie felt like there would never be an end to her ordeal.

What would you do if you couldn’t tell your loved ones you were in trouble? 

Sophie’s mum had told her that if she was ever in trouble but couldn’t talk she should ask her “How is auntie Linda”. When they created this system they never thought they would have to use it but this very sentence would help Sophie to freedom.

Today, we encourage you to have a conversation with your father, mother, brothers, sisters or someone you would trust your life with:

 

4 steps to peace of mind:

1) Start the conversation with your person

2) Agree a simple and memorable sentence

3) Have peace of mind that if you ever find yourself in a position when you can’t talk but you need help you can use your code system

4) Encourage others to do the same – through conversation, by email, through your social media channels. Share the message, share our images, ask “I’ve got #MyCodeWord – have you got yours?”